All The USCG Documentation You Need In One Place

USCG Documentation

Are you trying to find the right paperwork in place before you launch your commercial fishing business? In order to focus solely on dropping the net in the correct location, it is crucial to follow all legal requirements. Since fishing without the proper paperwork is illegal and punishable by heavy fines, it’s best to avoid getting in trouble with the law. Responsible fishing requires familiarity with USCG documentation. Professionals from all walks of life who make living fish commercially can get the assistance they need at the Commercial Fishing Permits Center. U.S. Coast Guard paperwork is one of the most frequent requests we get.

The Traditional Way of Documenting

If you’ve tried the old ways of getting paperwork done, you probably already know that it is a lot of work and takes a long time. The forms are all over the Internet, the instructions look more like orders than anything else, and you can spend an entire day reading technical requirements and trying to figure them out. Taking care of vessel paperwork can be tiresome, especially if you are doing it for the first time.

You don’t have to make a big deal out of it anymore. We understand that if you want to fish for a living (and also for recreational purposes), you need a specific type of paperwork. So, we made a special section for USCG documentation with all the necessary forms and applications. Now you can find everything in one place, whether you are documenting the vessel for the first time or want to do some research before buying with an abstract of the title.

How to Get Started

If this is your first time documenting a boat, go to the “USCG Documentation” tab on the top and look for the “Initial form.” You’ll see right away that the form lets you choose whether you want to use it for personal or business purposes. If you’ve read this far, it’s pretty clear that you’re interested in commercial purposes.

What Is the Required USCG Paperwork for Commercial Fishing?

If your vessel has a volume of at least five net tons and you intend to engage in commercial fishing operations in U.S. territorial waters or the EEZ, you must have the proper documentation from the U.S. Coast Guard. You won’t merely “want to” have this; rather, you’ll require it for success. Our homepage makes it simple to get to this information.

You will also have to show proof that you own the boat. A bill of sale (CG-1340), a builder’s certificate (CG-1261), or a state registration can be used for this. If this is the first time your boat has been documented, you will also need to send in an application for simplified measurement.

How to Most Conveniently Locate the Forms

Right here at the Commercial Fishing Permits Office, everyone can get all the information they need. Everything you need to register your boat with the Coast Guard is available here on our site. After you identify the permit and the form that you need, simply complete the required fields (they will be marked), and submit the form to us. We can process this application and issue the necessary documentation for one year, and we can also handle renewals for subsequent years. If you renew your Certificate of Documentation through our website, you can extend its validity by up to five years at once, even though each certificate is only good for a year.

The Benefits of Documenting Your Boat With Us

Say goodbye to the days when you had to deal with the bureaucracy of the government. The Commercial Fishing Permits Center is easy to use, so you can quickly find what you need. Also, the SSL encryption on the website always protects both your privacy as well as your sensitive information, including credit card numbers and addresses.

We’ve centered our whole web design around improving functionality. One reason is that we’ve made the site mobile-friendly. This means that as long as you have access to the internet, you can fill out the form whenever and wherever you like. If you have a cell phone and an internet connection while sailing, you can fill out this form. The paperwork you and your ship need can be submitted from anywhere, including the dock, your office, your car, the cabin, or even while you’re on the move.

USCG Documentation

The Right Permit For Every Situation and Every Place

Almost all of our customers need a particular type of paperwork in order to get started with any kind of commercial fishing. For many, this isn’t the only form on our site that our customers need. If you’re going fishing in the United States, whether it’s in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of New England, in Alaska, American Samoa, off the coast of California, or anywhere else, you’ll probably need another type of document. Fortunately, you can get all the necessary permits and more from our site.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top