Caribbean Federal Commercial Fishing: Being in Compliance When it Counts

caribbean federal commercial fishing

Have you been meaning to get into Caribbean commercial fishing but want to make 100% sure that you’re in compliance when you do so? Does it feel as if every time you sit down to apply for one permit or another the process is infinitely more difficult than it should be? The Commercial Fishing Permits Center is here to help. At our site, you can find the permits you need to be able to fish how you want and where you want – all in compliance with the powers that be. That’s true for Caribbean Federal commercial fishing permits and beyond. 


The Colombian Treaty Water Commercial Fishing Permit (Open Access) 


If you’re going to fish on the waters of Quita Sueno (enclosed by lat 13 degrees 55’N and 14 degrees 43’ N and 14 degrees 43’ N. between long 80 degrees 55’ W and 81 degrees 28’ W; or Roncador (enclosed by arcs 12 nautical miles from the low water line of Roncador Cay, roughly in position 13 degrees 35’ N lat 80 degrees 05’ W long; or Serrana (enclosed by arcs 12 nautical miles from the low water line of the cays and islands in the general area of 14 degrees 22’ N lat 80 degrees 20’ W long; then you’re going to need this permit. Obviously, this is for a very specific area. So, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. 


What This Treaty Covers and Why It’s Important 


Firstly, it’s important to recognize that, if you’re fishing in the area mentioned above, then you have to listen to enforcement officers of the Republic of Colombia. For example, the operator of a vessel in those waters (as well as anyone on board) must comply immediately with signals and instructions from Republic of Colombian enforcement officers. If you don’t have this permit or violate the Magnuson-Stevens Act, Colombian authorities have the right to require you to leave the treaty waters. So, it’s best to be in compliance for multiple reasons. 


More Ways to Be in Compliance


If you’ve looked over the form, then you realize that to apply for it, you must have valid state registration or Coast Guard documentation. To make things easier on all of our clients, we can assist with the latter. At our site, you can find everything you need to get your Coast Guard documentation and renew it as well.


Other Caribbean Federal Commercial Fishing Permits Available 


Perhaps you’ve read to this part and thought: “That sounds important, but I’m not really expanding my fishing business into those waters.” If you’re fishing in the Caribbean for North Atlantic Swordfish, Atlantic Bigeye Tuna, Atlantic Skipjack Tuna, Atlantic Yellowfin Tuna, North Atlantic Albacore Tuna, and more, you can find the forms for that at our site as well. The HMS Caribbean Commercial Small Boat Commercial Fishing Permit (Open Access) truly can open up a whole new world of Caribbean fishing. If you have questions, you can reach us at (866) 292-4204.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top