Federal Fisheries Permit to Fish for West Coast Groundfish How You Want

Federal Fisheries Permit

Are you interested in fishing groundfish off the west coast but aren’t sure what permits are involved? Do you already fish groundfish in the area and are looking for a way to streamline the permit process? Groundfish are plentiful, to say the very least, in the western waters of the United States. However, if you want to fish for them while being in compliance with the authorities, you need to have the right federal fisheries permit (or permits). You can find all of those right here at our site. 

West Coast, Specifics, Additional Documents, and Other Facts to Know

To participate in the Shorebased IFQ, you have to apply for a West Coast Groundfish Individual Fishing Quota Vessel Registration. In this context, when we say “West Coast,” we mean the “EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) off of Washington, Oregon, and the California coasts. In addition to this form, if you, the vessel owner, have any Economic Data Collection surveys due, the NOAA/Northwest Fisheries Service Center must deem those complete. Additionally, you, the vessel owner, have to submit a complete trawl identification of ownership interest form. 


If you’ve read any of our other blogs about commercial fishing permits, you may know there are seemingly as many different renewal deadlines as there are species of fish in the sea. With this particular form, vessel owners have to renew their accounts annually during the renewal period. This “renewal period” is between October 1st and November 30th. That’s the deadline if you want to participate in the fishery the following year. That’s not the biggest time period, so if you have any questions about how this works, we’ll be more than happy to answer them. 

Permits that We Offer Regarding Groundfish and Beyond

This is just one of the many different permit applications we offer that deal with fishing for groundfish off of the West Coast. At our site, you can find the “Groundfish Trawl Rationalization Ownership Interest,” the “Groundfish Sablefish Ownership Interest,” the “Groundfish Observer Catch Monitor Provider Permit,” the “Groundfish Mothership Cooperative Permit,” and the “Groundfish Limited Entry Change of Ownership Vessel Registration” as well as the form we mentioned above. The truth is that there is so much opportunity in west coast groundfish. By staying in compliance with the authorities, you give yourself a great chance to do well. 

Get the Right Federal Fisheries Permit Here

Those are just some of the west coast permits that we offer at our site. You can also find the “Tuna Treat Permity” and many others. Of course, you aren’t just limited to fishing the west coast, or even that part of the “west” (as there are plenty of “Pacific Island Region” permits available at our site as well). We have everything you need to be in compliance with if you’re fishing in Alaska, the Caribbean, the Mid-Atlantic, or just about anywhere else around America. To see what we offered to our site or call us at (866) 292-4204.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top