Federal Fishing Permits: a Pathway to Profits in Alaska

federal fishing permits

Have you looked at the opportunities for fishing groundfish in Alaskan waters and want to be absolutely certain you’re in compliance with the powers that be before you head out? Do you already fish groundfish there and want to expedite the federal fishing permits process? Our Commercial Fishing Permits Center helps fishing professionals at all stages of their careers. Whether you’re just getting your business going or you’ve been on the waters for decades (or anywhere in between) we can help you to be in compliance. 


What These Federal Fishing Permits Cover 


Whether you’re a dealer, buyer, catcher, processor, if you’re fishing for groundfish in the Bering Sea and the Aleutian Islands or the Gulf of Alaska, you’re going to need this “FFP” permit. Moreover, for vessels that must retain any bycatch of groundfish, this permit is also mandatory for vessels that fish for any non-groundfish species in this area, too. So, as you might imagine, this is one of our most commonly utilized Alaskan commercial fishing permits. 


What We Offer 


You’ll note that the name of our site is the “Commercial Fishing Permits Center.” It is not “A Center for Some Commercial Fishing Permits” or “Limited Commercial Fishing Permits Center.” We aim to offer as many permits as possible to as many commercial fishing pros as possible in an easy-to-utilize manner. So, at our site, you can find an Application for Federal Fisheries Permit as well as an Application for Federal Processor Permit. The latter is mandatory for processing vessels that operate solely within Alaskan State Waters, A.K.A. stationary floating processors. Should your permits be lost or destroyed, we offer an easier way to get replacements as well. 


What You Can Fish With This Permit 


There’s a reason that, if you go to our site, you’ll find that we have as many permits and licenses for the Alaskan region as anywhere else – there are just so many different kinds of profitable species around Alaska. This form certainly covers many of them. For example, this covers Pacific Herring, Sablefish, and Pacific Halibut. Folks always love salmon. This permit covers Chinook, Pink, Chum, Sockeye, and other salmon. Of course, it also covers “Alaska Groundfish,” which, as you probably know, is a phrase that covers many different species in its own right. 


Federal Permits Beyond Alaska


The above covers just one of the many federal permits we offer for Alaskan waters. Perhaps you read to this part and thought: “that sounds fantastic, but I don’t plan on fishing Alaskan waters any time soon.” To that end, we have so many Federal permits for areas all around the United States. For example, quite far from Alaska, we offer a “Federal Permit/Certificate Application to Fish in Colombian Treaty Waters.” We also have a “Federal Permit Application for Vessels Fishing for Wreckfish Off the South Atlantic States.” If your commercial fishing business needs a permit, we offer a better way of obtaining it. For more, call: (866) 292-4204.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top