Find the Right Federal Tuna Fishing Permit for Your Business at Our Site

Federal Tuna Fishing Permit

The global tuna fish market size was 40.12 billion dollars in 2021. In the next 10 years, the revenues are expected to grow up to 50 million dollars. It comes as no surprise then that the fishermen particularly seek this fish. In 2019, for instance, 612 pounds of Bluefin Tuna were sold at auction for $3 million dollars! This article will then explain what the Federal Tuna Fishing Permits are and which are the ones you might need.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)

As you may have inferred by the first paragraph, Tuna is a valuable fish. Depending on the region, there is a significant return that can be obtained for your investment. You, as I, may be wondering why, as you can get canned tuna at the supermarket for less than 2 dollars. The fact is, there are two different species (and even more). The canned tuna you get at the supermarket is made from Albacore. Bluefin tuna, which can be caught off the coast of the United States, is highly required for sushi and sashimi, especially from the Japanese market.

If you want to make the most of your fishing business, however, there is a series of Federal Tuna Fishing Permits you need to comply with, if you don’t want to risk you and your crew having to pay costly fines. These permits are issued by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and they can be found at our site, the Commercial Fishing Permits Center. In the next few lines, let us tell you some of the permits you may need to get.

The Two Different Tuna Permits

Federal waters are those that go from 3 nautical miles from shore, up to 200 nautical miles (before that they are considered state waters, and depend on their specific state department authority). 

The Atlantic Tuna Longline Commercial Fishing Permit (Limited Access) will habilitate you to seek Tuna throughout the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. It is popular among large fishing operations, as it gives you flexibility in its geography. 

The Tuna Treaty Permit, on the other hand, will allow you to enter Canadian waters, as the 1981 Tuna Treaty states. This agreement allows you to fish for albacore up to 12 miles from the shores of Canada and the U.S. This permit can be really useful if you are searching for albacore, which is especially abundant on the west coast of the shores of Canada and the US.

Federal Tuna Fishing Permit

You Can Get Your Documentation at the Commercial Fishing Permits Center

To set up your own fishing business is not simple: you need to comply with the NOAA, USCG, and each state department of natural resources. To find out what the regulations are from each administration, and making sure you comply with them is no easy task. To obtain different permits from diverse associations is inconvenient, to say the least.

For that reason, the Commercial Fishing Permits Center allows you to get all of your documentation on the same site. Whether you are looking for USCG documentation, or federal or state permits you will notice that all of them are accessible on our home page. Furthermore, having an extra pair of eyes overlooking the documentation you have just filled can prevent you from future headaches. Just fill out the form you are looking for today and let us do the rest! 

If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top