Process USCG Documentation for Commercial Vessels Here

process uscg documentation for commercial vessels here

When you think about commercial fishing, the United States Coast Guard (USCG) may not be the first thing that comes to your mind. You may associate the Coast Guard with our armed forces, serving as an organization that provides defense for American waters. In truth, that assumption is not off-base. In fact, the ways in which the USCG is associated with commercial fishing also play a role in protecting federal waters. By maintaining an accurate registry of which commercial vessels are operating on U.S. coastlines, the Coast Guard is better able to monitor matters of national security. With this in mind, it is prudent that you stay current on all of your organization’s USCG documentation matters.

As you may know from dealing with any sort of government paperwork in the past, it can get a bit complicated. Sifting through complex websites, trying to get on the phone with a representative, and even just figuring out which form you need can be stressful. Not to mention, making sense of fine print and government jargon is not always easy. Fortunately, at the Commercial Fishing Permits Center, we make it easy to process your documentation online.

process uscg documentation for commercial vessels here

What Type of USCG Documentation Do You Need?

You should be advised that not all vessels will require United States Coast Guard documentation. While it is available to all vessels–including those of the recreational variety–there are only certain criteria that will render it compulsory. In terms of commercial fishing, if you are operating on federal waters, it would be wise to apply for a Certificate of Documentation (COD) from the USCG. If you are fishing in an Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and your boat weighs more than five tons, documentation will be mandatory.

Of course, even if you do not specifically need Coast Guard documentation, there are some advantages to completing a Form CG-1258. For one, you will not need to put an unsightly registration number on your vessel. Instead, simply your boat’s name and hailing port will suffice. Having a Coast Guard COD can also make international travel a bit easier, as this document will allow you streamlined passage through ports in other countries. 

Obtaining a Replacement Certificate of Documentation

Sometimes accidents happen and important items get misplaced. When this occurs with a piece of key documentation for your commercial fishing vessel, this can be a uniquely problematic headache. Fortunately, you can request a duplicate copy of your Certificate of Documentation online using our simplified web form.

We also provide fillable forms for a number of other Coast Guard documentation matters. Whether you need to update your address, transfer your documentation, or file a notice of claim of lien, we can help. By using our convenient, one-stop website, you can save time and energy, allowing you to put more focus on your business.

Find Your Commercial Fishing Permits Here

If you need to update your collection of commercial fishing licenses, we can help. We offer permits for federal fisheries in all major United States regions. Take a moment to explore our navigation menu, or visit our FAQs page to learn more. You can also contact us by phone or email with any questions you may have.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top