West Coast Federal Commercial Fishing for Highly Migratory Species

west coast federal commercial fishing

Before you head out to fish, you make sure you have everything you need. That means the equipment is all set, the crew is ready, as are your vessels, and so forth. Everything is in its place, so that when the time comes, you can just get out there and do it. The same applies to your commercial fishing permits, too. Just as you wouldn’t head out on the water without a working engine, you would not want to set out on the water without the right permits. At our site, you can find the right West Coast federal commercial fishing permits for “highly migratory species” and much more. 

What Species This Permit Covers and Where it Does So 

The “highly migratory species” in the Pacific Ocean that this fishing permits covers are sharks, swordfish, tunas, and billfish. As you might imagine, that’s quite a lot of commercial fishing right there. So, as it can be so lucrative, you don’t want anything to get in the way of making money – hence, these permits. With this permit, you’ll be able to fish those species in the West Coast Exclusive Economic Zone. So, it’s roughly 200 nautical miles off of the coasts of Washington, Oregon, and California. That’s a lot of area and a lot of fish. There’s a reason this is among our more popular forms. 

Permit Facts 

Should you get this permit, you have to have it on board the vessel. A picture of it on your phone or a copy of it, that kind of thing, will not keep you in compliance. If an authorized officer asks to inspect it, they have to be able to do so. The only exception to this is if the permit was issued while you were already at sea. This may happen more often than you think, particularly as our site is mobile optimized. That means our customers are able to apply for these forms from just about anywhere. That said, you will need to have a physical copy when you go back out on any later tip. 

Renewing These West Coast Federal Commercial Fishing Permits 

These forms are valid for two years. While that can be a long time, it’s also long enough for many vessel owners to forget about renewing them. That can lead to any number of problems as you might imagine. As one more way to help commercial vessel owners, we’ve made it so that we can renew your forms for you years in advance. So, when you first get this form through us, you’ll be able to renew it for up to two, three, four, and even five years in the future. It’s one more way to protect your business. 

All the Permits You’ll Need 

This is just one of the many commercial fishing permits we offer for the west coast. In fact, we have plenty of permits for fishing in the Pacific islands, the Atlantic Ocean, and just about anywhere else. To find all of the permits that you’ll need, head to our site. To talk to a representative, you can call us at (866) 292-4204 or send us an email on our site.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top