Where to Get Every US Commercial Fishing Permit

commercial fishing permit

Interested in commercial fishing in the United States and its territorial waters? Before going overseas with your vessel, it’s important to know what you need to proceed correctly. Have your paperwork ready and in time to maximize any commercial activity regarding fishing. Here you can find some of the permits you can acquire and the territory that applies for them.

Alaska Region

Which commercial fishing permit do you need for Alaska? You can check some of the applications and forms listed below:

  • Rockfish program
  • Sport charter halibut
  • Prohibited species donation program
  • Federal fisheries and federal processors
  • Chinook salmon bycatch
  • Scallop license limitation program
  • Bering Sea and Aleutian Sea crab rationalization
  • IFQ halibut sablefish and CDQ halibut program

You can find all the applications and forms here 

commercial fishing permit

Atlantic Region

Learn about every commercial fishing permit for activities all along the Atlantic here. The Atlantic region divides into two subcategories: Mid Atlantic and New England.

Mid Atlantic Permits

  • Atlantic Bluefish
  • Mackerel, squid, and butterfish
  • Monkfish
  • Rock shrimp Carolinas zone
  • Black sea bass
  • Smoothhound shark
  • Deep-sea red crab

New England Permits

  • American lobster
  • Herring
  • Sea scallop
  • Surf clam and ocean quahog
  • Bluefish
  • Scup
  • Dolphin-Wahoo

Find all the applications and forms for the Atlantic Region here.

South Region

The South Region divides itself into the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the South Atlantic. Below you can find the commercial fishing permit you may need for each area.

 Caribbean Permits

  • Colombian Treaty Water
  • HMS Caribbean small boat fishing

Gulf Of Mexico

  • Reef fish
  • Golden crab
  • Spanish mackerel
  • Spiny lobster
  • Swordfish
  • Shark directed and incidental fishing permits
  • Red shrimp

South Atlantic

  • Golden tilefish
  • Sea bass
  • Gil net for king mackerel
  • Dolphin-wahoo
  • Penaeid shrimp
  • Tuna longline
  • Smoothhound shark

Look for more applications and forms for the South Region here.

West Coast Region

Our website provides every commercial fishing permit you might need for your activities on the West Coast. Some of them are:

  • Pacific highly migratory species
  • Tuna treaty
  • Coastal pelagic species
  • Groundfish sablefish ownership interest
  • Groundfish individual fishing quota vessel account registration
  • Groundfish mothership cooperative
  • Groundfish observer catch monitor provider

More permits and applications can be found here.

Pacific Island Region

If you need to apply for a commercial fishing permit in the pacific region, you can check the applications and forms we provide. Some of them include:

  • Special coral reef ecosystem permit and transship requirements
  • Pelagic squid jig
  • Crustaceans permit for lobster or deepwater shrimp
  • General longline
  • Precious corals
  • Guam large vessel bottom fish
  • Hawaii longline limited entry

Get Your Commercial Fishing Permit Today

Our website provides all the applications and forms you may need to engage in commercial purposes regarding fishing. If you need something special that you haven’t found on the listing for each region, feel free to search on our website and contact us. We are ready to help and make things easy for you.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top