What to Know About Federal Fishing Permits in the Atlantic Region

federal fishing license

Fishing in the Greater Atlantic Region can be a great commercial opportunity for you and your business. To do it the right way, however, you need the right federal fishing permits. At our site, we have each of the permits you’ll need to collect the fish that you want. Our site was specifically designed for commercial fisherpeople like you in mind. That way, you can get everything done quickly, spending less time staring at forms and more time catching the fish that you want. 

Federal Fishing Permits for Tuna 

One of our most commonly used forms is the “Atlantic Tuna Longline Commercial Fishing Permit (Limited Access).” A quick look at the form and it’s easy to see why. After all, this is the form you need if you’re going to fish species like the Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna, the Atlantic Skipjack Tuna, the Atlantic Yellowfin Tuna, the Atlantic Bigeye Tuna, or the North Atlantic Albacore tuna. Moreover, this form will cover fishing these vessels in a wide range of areas, like the Gulf of Mexico, the Mid-Atlantic, the South Atlantic, and the New England areas. 

What to Keep In Mind About These Permits 

It can be all too easy to think: “I’ll take care of this documentation later.” Or, alternatively, “I can put it off, who’s really going to check?” The answer to that question is: “The Office of Law Enforcement and the US Coast Guard.” The truth is that they do inspect vessels for valid permits. Moreover, they aren’t shy about doing so, either. The last thing any commercial fisherperson wants is to be stopped by the authorities and not have these forms. You want to take care of this documentation, and then you want to make sure you have the original permits on the vessel, in a location that is easily accessible. 

Renewing When You Have To 

Many of our commercial fishing permits are different. You want to make sure that you have the right permit for your specific needs. However, for the most part, the renewal deadline for these Atlantic forms will be on the last day of the permit holder’s birth month. So, if you’re the permit holder, and your birthday falls in February, then it will be on the 28th or 29th (depending on whether or not it’s a leap year). 

All of the Permits You’ll Need

As you might imagine, it can be difficult for some commercial fishers to remember that these forms specifically have to be renewed by the last day of the month of their birthday. So, at our site, you can choose to have many of these forms renewed for years in advance. For the most part, you can have them renewed for up to five years in the future – thus giving you one less thing to worry about. Fishing the Atlantic can be a true life’s work, the sort of job that rewards you and yours as well as the community. For the permits you need, head to our site or call (866) 292-4204. 

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top