Alaska Federal Commercial Fishing Permits & All You Need to Know

Alaska federal commercial fishing permits

Are you looking for Alaska federal commercial fishing permits that allow Alaskan communities to improve their own economies? Have you been searching for a way to file these applications without having to spend hours and hours to do so? Here at the Commercial Fishing Permits Center, we know what a difference commercial fishing opportunities can make in people’s lives. While we’re always more than glad to offer easier, simpler access to permits of all kinds, we’re especially glad to do so for permits that can help the community, too. 

Alaskan Federal Commercial Fishing Permits for CQEs

The idea behind some Federal limited access programs is to provide certain communities with a better opportunity to utilize fishery-related privileges to improve their economy. Within these programs, communities may be eligible to form nonprofits called “CQEs” or “Community Quota Entities.” In Alaska, these Community Quota Entities can cover more than one hundred species of Alaska Groundfish, BSAI Crab, Pacific Halibut, and Sablefish, too. At our site, you can find the form you need for your specific fishing needs. 

Community Quota Entity Permits for Alaska 

As of this writing, there are eight different CQE permits available in the Alaskan region. They cover just about all that you could imagine, from “Application for Transfer of Crab QS/IFQ to or From an Eligible Crab Community Organization (ECCO)” to “Application for Transfer (Lease) Between Individual Fishing Quota (IFQ) and Guided Angler Fish (GAF) Community Quota Entity.” If you know exactly which form you need, that’s great – you can fill it out and file it quickly through our site. However, should you have some questions, or be undecided between multiple forms, our staff will be more than happy to answer any of your questions so as to direct you towards the right form. 

The Prohibited Species Donation Program Application 

The phrase “we’re all in this together” may never have been more true than it is right now. At our site, you can find the “Alaska Prohibited Species Donation Application” form. This makes it possible for hunger relief agencies, food bank distributors, and food bank networks to get more fish. Specifically, this permit authorizes tax-exempt organizations to distribute halibut and/or salmon to those in need, provided it’s delivered by catcher vessels using trawl gear to shoreside processors. 

Permits for Your Business and Much More

While the above forms are ways of helping those in need, the truth is that all commercial fishing helps those who are hungry, who need fish. Commercial fishing is, for lack of a better phrase, a “net good.” So, our goal is to make the permit and licensing process that much easier on commercial fishing pros. In addition to our trained staff, we made our site optimized for mobile devices. That way, you can fill out everything you need whether you’re on land, in the passenger seat of a car, or anywhere else with internet access. If you have any questions, you can reach us at (866) 292-4204 or you can fill out our contact form. 

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Scroll to Top